REALS PHARMACEUTICAL LTD

Friday 21 November 2014

Tagged Under:

Robbers Disguised as LASTMA Officials Arrested for Extorting N35,000 from Motorist

By: Emmanuelomobhude On: 03:09
  • Share The Gag
  • LASTMA-officials

    Two suspected robbers disguised as LASTMA officials in Lagos have been arrested for robbing a man of N35,000.
    The suspects were identified as Funsho Williams and Adekogbe Olabode.
    Here is the victim, Felix Adesanya‘s account, as reported by Global Village Extra:
    “They said I had committed a traffic offence and forcefully entered the vehicle, introduced themselves as LASTMA officials. They later demanded my wallet, ransacked it and took N30,000 with a threat to take me to their office if I did not cooperate and summed up the money to N60,000.
    In order to meet up with my appointment, I went on my knees begging for mercy, but they said I should take them to the nearest ATM or face the risk of forfeiting my vehicle and paying a N120,000 fine.“Left between the deep-blue sea and the devil, I followed them obediently. At the ATM, they demanded to know my account balance, but I did not allow them see it, I withdrew N5, 000 and gave it to them, making it N35, 000 in all”.
    LASTMA boss, Babatunde Edu condemned the robbery, and stated that the suspects are not LASTMA staff.

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment